The African savannah comes to life on the Parkside stage with Simba, Rafiki and an unforgettable cast of characters as they journey from Pride Rock to the jungle... and back again, in this inspiring, coming-of-age tale. From acting and design, to creativity and collaboration, building a production allows Parkside students to develop and experiment with a variety of skills that will stay with them long after the applause.
Forefront Arts performing arts classes for kids and teens include warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal. Our instructors are professional theatre artists in Atlanta, with degrees in Theatre, Vocal Performance, or Musical Theatre. All of our instructors have passed extensive background checks. We strive to foster an environment of fun and encouragement, while also delivering high-quality instruction and helping students grow as artists and performers.
685 Mercer St SE, Atlanta GA 30312
Registration Will Open Soon!
Email us to reserve your class spot & receive free registration!
We also offer in-home private lessons in Acting, Voice, Dance, and Piano!
Forefront Arts is excited to be offering 2 performance opportunities
for Parkside Elementary students during the 2018-2019 season:
Songs & Scenes: The Lion King Experience theatre class -- Acting, Creative Dramatics, & Musical Theatre for prek-1st graders (typically ages 4-6)
Wednesdays, 3-4 pm
Calling all young performers who love to be in the spotlight! We will sing, dance, and act in class each week! We'll use our imaginations to make up stories, learn how to express our feelings and create characters, and we'll rehearse portions of Disney's The Lion King Jr to put our performance skills to use! Fun theatre games, music, puppetry, crafts, and other creative activities will help students grow artistically while working as a team and having fun. The class will perform alongside the Parkside Drama Club in Disney's The Lion King Jr in the spring at Parkside Elementary, as well as in the Forefront Arts Spring Showcase at a professional theatre at the end of the school year (recital fee is included in class tuition).
Parkside Drama Club: The Lion King Jr -- a full-scale theatrical performance experience for 2nd-5th graders
Wednesdays, 4-5:30 pm
Under the direction of a professional director, Parkside students will rehearse and perform Disney's The Lion King JR! In addition to rehearsing the show students will receive training in audition technique, stage positions, acting, singing, dancing, projection & enunciation, physicality, & much more! The Lion King will be performed in the spring at Parkside Elementary alongside the Parkside Songs & Scenes class. After the play performances the Drama Club students will continue to meet weekly to work on their performance training while learning new material to be performed at the Forefront Arts Spring Showcase held at a professional theatre at the end of the school year (recital fee is included in class tuition).
Note to Parents not enrolled in the PSC After School Program: Upon receiving enrollment confirmation, please advise your child’s classroom teacher IN WRITING that your child will be attending PSC Enrichment Clubs, the days, dates of the club(s), and that he/she will report to PSC on those days. Please note club times and be prompt in picking up your child. Parents should pick up children at the after school program.
Classes will meet weekly September - May (app. 30 classes over the course of the school year) and will follow the APS school calendar for the most part. Reminders about any class breaks will be emailed to parents.
Wednesday Classes begin September 5, 2018
THEATRE CLASSES DETAILS
- Weekly classes feature warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal of performance pieces.
- Throughout the year students will develop their acting, improv, musical theatre, voice, and dance skills in class. This allows each child to learn new skills, find new strengths, and continue to improve in all aspects of theatre performance!
- We will be following special Lion King Experience Curriculum which takes the class through an 18-unit process that explore fundamentals of theatre-making including: Acting, Design, Music, Playwriting, Choreography, Directing, Technical Theatre, and Stage Management.
- Special weeks throughout the year include optional themes such as Pajama Week, Bring A Friend Week, Bring Your Parents Week, and Wear a Costume Week
- Students will perform at Parkside Elementary for the Spring Musical and at the Forefront Arts Spring Showcase offsite at a theatre.
PARKSIDE ELEMENTARY CLASS PRICING
YEARLY REGISTRATION FEES
$25 yearly registration fee for 1 student due at registration.
$45 yearly registration fee for a FAMILY (more than 1 child enrolling) due at registration.
CLASS TUITION OPTIONS
|CLASS||Up-Front (5% discount)||2 Semester Payments||9 Monthly Payments|| |
Production & Tech Week Fee (billed 30 days before show)
Spring Showcase recital
|Songs & Scenes||$470.25||$247.50||$55||$50**||included|
- Tuition is based on a yearly fee for the total amount of instruction provided during the 2018-2019 season.
- The full amount of tuition is averaged and broken into equal monthly payments. Monthly tuition does not reflect the number of classes meeting in that month. You will pay the same whether your class meets 3, 4, or 5 times.
- Students joining mid-semester will be pro-rated so they are not charged for classes that have already happened.
- No refunds or credits are given for classes missed by the student due to illness, travel, or other activities. If a class is cancelled due to inclement weather we will do our best to offer a make-up class at the end of the session.
**PRODUCTION / TECH WEEK FEES**
30 days before the show each cast member will be billed a $50 production / tech week fee. This includes:
- 2 comp general tickets to the show (additional tickets can be purchased for $7-$10)
- cast keepsake tshirt & script
- masks & costume pieces
- set & scenic elements, and props
- licensing and royalties
- app. 10 hours of staff instruction & supervision during tech week
- 2-3 additional rehearsals & 1-2 performances during tech week
There are no required minimum ticket sales for the Lion King cast this year. The Production Fee/Tech Week Fee will cover the expenses traditionally paid for by the required 10 ticket sales.
ENROLLMENT & TUITION POLICIES
Forefront Arts theatre classes at Parkside Elementary will run September 2018-May 2019. Enrollment in Songs & Scenes or Drama Club is for the school year, with all students expected to perform in The Lion King JR and the Forefront Arts Spring Showcase.
Songs & Scenes students may withdraw between semesters, with written notice emailed to "register@ForefrontArts.com" or "info@ForefrontArts.com" by December 1, 2018, so that their withdrawal does not disrupt the rest of the class working on performance pieces. If no written notice of withdrawal is received by December 1, 2018, Songs & Scenes students will continue in the class through May 2019. No withdrawals from the Songs & Scenes class will be accepted after the withdrawal deadline.
The Drama Club commitment is for the school year through May and students are not permitted to withdraw mid-year because their absence would disrupt the rehearsal progress of the show and negatively affect all of the other cast members. By enrolling in Drama Club, members commit to participate for the entire season, through The Lion King Jr and the Spring Showcase in 2019. If selecting a monthly payment plan for the Drama Club, families are committing to pay the monthly tuition amount through May 2019, regardless of participation.