(735 Sycamore Drive, Decatur GA)
3:45-4:30 pm Lion King Experience Songs & Scenes (ages 4-6/prek-1st) ~~ Acting, Creative Dramatics and Musical Theatre
4:30-5:30 pm Lion King Experience Elementary Theatre Arts (2nd-5th) ~~ Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre, and Voice
5:30-6:30 pm Improv Ensemble (3rd-10th) ~~ Improv & Comedic Acting
2:00-4:00 pm Young Actors Ensemble Rehearsal: The Lion King JR (2nd-10th) -- YAE enrollment is now closed.
4:00-5:00 pm Lion King Experience Intermediate Theatre Arts (4th-10th) ~~ Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre, and Voice
Classes will meet weekly September - May with breaks for Decatur Fall Break, Thanksgiving, Christmas/New Years, Winter Break (February) and Spring Break (April). Other than those dates, there will be some Mondays where there is no school but we will offer class. We take off 1 Saturday bordering a week-long break, but will meet the other Saturday.
Spring Monday Classes begin January 7.
Spring Saturday Classes begin January 11.
|Amount of Instruction||Semester Payment |
|Monthly Payments |
(Jan - May)
|Spring Showcase Recital|
|Yearly Registration Fee (non refundable)||$25 student / $45 family||$25 student / $45 family||---|
|Lion King Experience Songs & Scenes class (45 min weekly)||$245||$49||included|
|Lion King Experience Theatre Skills class (1 hr weekly) OR Improv Ensemble (1 hr weekly)||$295||$59||included|
|2 hours of weekly class (Lion King Experience Theatre Skills AND Improv Ensemble||$495||$99||included|
|YOUNG ACTORS ENSEMBLE: THE LION KING||enrollment in fall only||enrollment in fall only||---|
|Jr Theatre Festival Troupe||enrollment in fall only||enrollment in fall only||---|
Ready to enroll? Click HERE!
Forefront Arts performing arts classes for kids and teens include warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal. Our instructors are professional theatre artists in Atlanta, with degrees in Theatre, Vocal Performance, or Musical Theatre. All of our instructors have passed extensive background checks. We strive to foster an environment of fun and encouragement, while also delivering high-quality instruction and helping students grow as artists and performers.
We also offer in-home private lessons in Acting, Voice, Dance, and Piano!
- Weekly classes feature warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal of performance pieces.
- Throughout the year students will develop their acting, improv, musical theatre, voice, and dance skills in class. This allows each child to learn new skills, find new strengths, and continue to improve in all aspects of theatre performance!
- We will be following special Lion King Experience Curriculum to coordinate with our YAE musical this year, which will take each class through an 18-unit process that explores fundamentals of theatre-making including: Acting, Design, Music, Playwriting, Choreography, Directing, Technical Theatre, and Stage Management.
- Special weeks throughout the year include optional themes including Pajama Week, Bring A Friend Week, Bring Your Parents Week, and Wear a Costume Week
- Students will perform with their classes at the Forefront Arts Spring Showcase in May 2019 and an invited-parent class in December 2018.
- Students enrolled in a Forefront Arts class can audition to join our performance troupes, the Young Actors Ensemble, Jr Theatre Festival troupe, or FATE, to participate in full-scale productions and additional performance opportunities throughout the year.