Forefront Arts performing arts classes include:
- Vocal and Physical warm-ups
- Emotional check-in and communication exercises
- Specific technique training in Acting, Voice, Improv, and Musical Theatre
- Imagination and playmaking skill-building
- Drama games and teamwork activities
- Rehearsal of performance pieces from plays and musicals
- In class performances throughout the year, and the culminating Spring Showcase in May
- Believe in the power of the arts in helping kids and teens become well-rounded individuals
- Possess advanced degrees in Theatre, Vocal Performance, or Musical Theatre, or are currently earning a degree
- Have professional performance experience
- Have passed extensive background checks
- Want every student to feel welcomed, and encouraged in their unique gifts & talents, and challenged to reach the next level of their performance abilities!
We strive to foster an environment of fun and encouragement, while also delivering high-quality instruction and helping students grow as artists and performers. Throughout the year students will develop their acting, improv, musical theatre, voice, and dance skills in class. This allows each child to learn new skills, find new strengths, and continue to improve in all aspects of theatre performance!
Forefront Arts Performance Troupes and other Performance Opportunities
- Students K-12th enrolled in a Forefront Arts class are invited to audition to join one of our performance troupes: Jr Ensemble (K-2nd), Young Actors Ensemble (3rd-12th), and the Forefront Arts Teen Ensemble (FATE) (7th-12th) to participate in full-scale productions throughout the year. 2019-2020 YAE shows include: "Seussical Kids", a "Newsies", "Fractured Fairy Tales", and "Frozen JR"! (rights pending)
- Students admitted into the Young Actors Ensemble can also join our JTF competition troupe which attends the Jr Theatre Festival each January in Atlanta.
- Studio Series one-acts and workshops are offered throughout the season to give students additional performance opportunities.
Details about our shows can be found HERE.
Private Coaching to Build Technique
Acting ~ Voice ~ Dance ~ Scene Study ~ Music Theory & Reading Music
- We offer one-off and ongoing private coaching sessions to help students prepare for an audition, a specific role they have been cast in, or to build additional skills in a one-on-one environment.
Private Classes or Workshops
- Individuals or groups can arrange for us to offer a private class at your location. Homeschool groups, friends & family, libraries, schools, or community organizations can bring us in to offer an ongoing class or production, or a one-off workshop. This is a great option for Scout troops, homeschool groups, neighbors and groups of friends!
Click on each location title to see class schedules and tuition.
Conservatory // Community Classes (anyone can participate)
School Classes and Drama Clubs