(4400 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta GA 30342)
St James Methodist Church is positioned on the border of North Buckhead and Brookhaven at the corner of Peachtree Dunwoody Road and Loridans Drive, approximately 8 minutes (2 miles) north of Lenox Mall, and 6 minutes (1.7 miles) east of Roswell Road.
We also offer in-home private lessons in Acting, Voice, Dance, and Piano!
2017-2018 NORTH BUCKHEAD/BROOKHAVEN SCHEDULE
Late comers are welcome and tuition will be pro-rated.
Students can join throughout the year as each class continues to work on new material.
3:45-4:30 pm Songs & Scenes (ages 4-6/preK-1st) ~~ Creative Dramatics, Acting, & Musical Theatre
4:30-5:30 pm Elementary Theatre Skills (2nd-5th) ~~ Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre, and Voice**
5:30-6:30 pm Dance Technique for Musical Theatre (2nd-8th) ~~ a variety of dance styles utilized in musical theatre productions**
**We recommend taking the Dance Technique class in conjunction with the Theatre Skills classes.
9:00-10:00 am Elementary Theatre Skills (2nd-5th) ~~ Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre, and Voice**
10:00-12:00 pm Young Actors Ensemble Rehearsal (2nd-10th)
12:00-1:00 pm Intermediate Theatre Skills I and II (4th-10th) ~~ Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre, and Voice**
Classes will meet weekly September - May with breaks for Thanksgiving, Christmas/New Years, Winter Break (February) and Spring Break (April). Some locations may have additional breaks due to the day of the weeks classes are held and the local school calendar. Some months will have a class on a Monday that is off for school, but our classes will not be cancelled. For week-long school breaks one weekend will be off, but our classes and rehearsals will meet the other Saturday and students are expected to be in attendance. Students do not get two consecutive weeks off from Saturday classes due to a school break.
Tuesday Classes will begin September 12, or when minimum enrollment is reached in a class.
Saturday Classes begin September 9, or when minimum enrollment is reached in a class.
If classes have not reached minimum enrollment by the planned start date, the class will be postponed until minimum enrollment has been reached, and tuition will be pro-rated. Families are not charged any tuition until a class has "made".
- Weekly classes feature warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal of performance pieces.
- Throughout the year students will develop their acting, improv, musical theatre, voice, and dance skills in class. This allows each child to learn new skills, find new strengths, and continue to improve in all aspects of theatre performance!
- Special weeks throughout the year include optional themes including Pajama Week, Bring A Friend Week, Bring Your Parents Week, and Wear a Costume Week
- Students will perform with their classes at the Forefront Arts Spring Showcase in May 2018
- Students enrolled in a Forefront Arts class can audition to join our performance troupes, the Young Actors Ensemble or FATE, to participate in full-scale productions and additional performance opportunities throughout the year.
YEARLY REGISTRATION FEE
$25 yearly registration fee for 1 student due at registration.
$45 yearly registration fee for families (enrolling more than 1 student) due at registration.
- You may make 9 monthly payments, 2 semester payments, or 1 season payment. If you make 1 season payment you will receive a 5% discount.
- Tuition is based on a yearly fee for the total amount of instruction provided during the 2017-2018 season.
- The full amount of tuition is averaged and broken into equal monthly payments. Monthly tuition does not reflect the number of classes meeting in that month. You will pay the same whether your class meets 3, 4, or 5 times.
- The Spring Showcase recital fee is included in class tuition. Students are required to perform in the Showcase with their class at the end of the season to celebrate and show off all that they have learned.
|Amount of Instruction||Single Payment (5% discount)||
2 Semester Payments |
(Reg in Aug/Sep & December)
|9 Monthly Payments |
(Registration in Aug/Sep - May)
|45 minutes of weekly class||$470.25||$247.50||$55|
|1 hour of weekly class||$555.75||$292.50||$65|
|2 hours of weekly class||$897.75||$472.50||$105|
|YOUNG ACTORS ENSEMBLE||$555.75||$292.50||$65|