Classes are offered at our sister company, Playground Creative Studio (1218 Rockbridge Road, Stone Mountain 30087) (corner of Rockbridge Rd and Five Forks Trickum Rd)
Registration Is Open!
Enroll in a Lion King Experience Theatre Skills class and you can also perform in the full-scale Lion King Jr Production with our Young Actors Ensemble! You can also join our Jr Theatre Festival troupe to attend the festival in January 2019!
LILBURN/STONE MOUNTAIN SCHEDULE
(all classes will be incorporating the special The Lion King Experience curriculum as well as other theatre training and performances!)
4:00-4:45 pm Lion King Experience Songs & Scenes (ages 4-6/prek-1st) ~~~ Acting, Creative Dramatics & Musical Theatre
5:00-6:00 pm Lion King Experience Elementary Theatre Skills (2nd-5th) ~~~ Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre & Voice
6:00-7:30 pm Young Actors Ensemble rehearsal The Lion King JR (2nd-12th)
7:30-8:30 pm Lion King Experience Intermediate Theatre Skills (5th-12th) ~~~ Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre & Voice
If joining the YAE to perform in the full-scale production of Lion King JR, you must also be enrolled in a Lion King Experience Theatre Skills class for technique training. (We schedule them back-to-back for convenience!)
Classes will meet weekly September - May with breaks for Thanksgiving (Nov), Christmas/New Years (Dec/Jan), and the public school Spring Break (April).
Classes will begin after Labor Day, and run through May.
|AMOUNT OF INSTRUCTION||SINGLE PAYMENT||2 SEMESTER PAYMENTS (Sept & Jan)|| |
9 MONTHLY PAYMENTS (Sept - May)
|Registration Fee|| |
$25/student or $40/family
Songs & Scenes (Lion King Experience) 45 min. class
|$384.75 (5% discount)||$202.50||$45||Spring Showcase recital included|
|Lion King Experience Theatre Skills (1 hour class weekly)|| |
$470.25 (5% discount)
|$247.50||$55||Spring Showcase recital included|
|Young Actors Ensemble THE LION KING JR (1.5 hr rehearsal weekly)||$555.75 (5% discount)||$292.50||$65||$100**|
|Jr Theatre Festival||$295/person|
**PRODUCTION / TECH WEEK FEES**
30 days before each show each cast member will be billed a $100 production / tech week fee. This includes:
- 2 comp general tickets to the show (value: $25)
- masks and costume pieces (value: $50)
- set & scenic elements, and props (value: $50)
- licensing and royalties (value: $100)
- app. 20 hours of staff instruction & supervision during tech week ($200)
- 2-4 additional rehearsals & 2-3 performances during tech week
- cast keepsake tshirt & script (value: $25)
There are no required minimum ticket sales for cast members. The Production /Tech Week Fee will cover the expenses traditionally paid for by the required ticket sales. Production/Tech Week fees can also be covered by Advance Ticket orders, Cast Sponsorships, or Shout-Outs in the programs.
Registration Is Open!
Forefront Arts performing arts classes for kids and teens include warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal. Our instructors are professional theatre artists in Atlanta, with degrees in Theatre, Vocal Performance, or Musical Theatre. All of our instructors have passed extensive background checks. We strive to foster an environment of fun and encouragement, while also delivering high-quality instruction and helping students grow as artists and performers.
We also offer in-home and studio private lessons in Acting, Voice, Dance, and Piano!
- Weekly classes feature warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal of performance pieces.
- Throughout the year students will develop their acting, improv, musical theatre, voice, and dance skills in class. This allows each child to learn new skills, find new strengths, and continue to improve in all aspects of theatre performance!
- Special weeks throughout the year include optional themes including Pajama Week, Bring A Friend Week, Bring Your Parents Week, and Wear a Costume Week
- We will be following special Lion King Experience Curriculum to coordinate with our YAE musical this year, which will take each class through an 18-unit process that explore fundamentals of theatre-making including: Acting, Design, Music, Playwriting, Choreography, Directing, Technical Theatre, and Stage Management.
- Students will perform with their classes at the Forefront Arts Spring Showcase in May 2019.
- Students enrolled in a Forefront Arts class can audition to join our performance troupes: the Young Actors Ensemble, the Jr Theatre Festival troupe or Forefront Arts Teen Ensemble (FATE), to participate in full-scale productions and additional performance opportunities throughout the year.