JOHNS CREEK SPRING SCHEDULE
(all classes will be incorporating the special The Lion King Experience curriculum as well as other theatre training and performances!)
3:45-4:30 pm Lion King Experience Songs & Scenes (ages 4-6/prek-1st) ~~~ Acting, Creative Dramatics & Musical Theatre
4:30-5:30 pm Lion King Experience Elementary Theatre Skills (2nd-5th) ~~~ Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre & Voice **
5:30-6:30 pm Lion King Experience Intermediate Theatre Skills I and II (6th-12th) ~~~ Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre & Voice
5:30-6:30 pm ** Elementary students in "The Lion King" have dinner & homework break between class & YAE rehearsal
6:30-8:30 pm Young Actors Ensemble Rehearsal: The Lion King JR (2nd-12th) -- enrollment in fall only
Private Coaching scheduled based on instructor availability
9:45 am-11:45 am Forefront Arts Teen Ensemble (FATE) Rehearsal (7th-12th) -- enrollment in fall only
Classes will meet weekly September - May with breaks for Thanksgiving (Nov), Christmas/New Years (Dec/Jan), and the public school Spring Break (April). For week-long school breaks one weekend will be off, but our classes and rehearsals will meet the other Saturday/Sunday and students are expected to be in attendance.Students will not be allowed to miss two consecutive weeks from Saturday/Sunday classes due to a school break.
Spring Tuesday Classes will begin January 8.
Spring Saturday Classes will begin January 12.
|Amount of Instruction||
|Monthly Payments |
(Jan - May)
|Spring Showcase recital|
|Registration Fee ($25 student / $40 family||$25 student/ $40 family||$25 student/ $40 family|
|Lion King Experience Songs & Scenes class (45 min weekly)||$245||$49||included in tuition|
|Lion King Experience Theatre Skills class OR Improv Ensemble class (1 hr weekly)||$295||$59||included in tuition|
|YOUNG ACTORS ENSEMBLE: The Lion King||enrollment in fall only||enrollment in fall only|
|FATE: Complete Works of Wm. Shakespeare Abridged||enrollment in fall only||enrollment in fall only|
|Jr Theatre Festival||enrollment in fall only||enrollment in fall only|
Ready to sign up? Click HERE!
Forefront Arts performing arts classes for kids and teens include warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal. Our instructors are professional theatre artists in Atlanta, with degrees in Theatre, Vocal Performance, or Musical Theatre. All of our instructors have passed extensive background checks. We strive to foster an environment of fun and encouragement, while also delivering high-quality instruction and helping students grow as artists and performers.
We also offer private lessons in Acting, Voice, Dance, and Piano!
- Weekly classes feature warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal of performance pieces.
- Throughout the year students will develop their acting, improv, musical theatre, voice, and dance skills in class. This allows each child to learn new skills, find new strengths, and continue to improve in all aspects of theatre performance!
- Special weeks throughout the year include optional themes including Pajama Week, Bring A Friend Week, Bring Your Parents Week, and Wear a Costume Week
- We will be following special Lion King Experience Curriculum to coordinate with our YAE musical this year, which will take each class through an 18-unit process that explore fundamentals of theatre-making including: Acting, Design, Music, Playwriting, Choreography, Directing, Technical Theatre, and Stage Management.
- Students will perform with their classes at the Forefront Arts Spring Showcase in May 2019.
- Students enrolled in a Forefront Arts class can audition to join our performance troupes: the Young Actors Ensemble, the Jr Theatre Festival troupe or Forefront Arts Teen Ensemble (FATE), to participate in full-scale productions and additional performance opportunities throughout the year.