Registration Is Open!
Enroll in a fall class and contact us if you want to schedule a troupe audition to join our Young Actors Ensemble and Jr Theatre Festival Troupes to perform in "The Lion King Jr!" (open to 2nd-12th grades).
2018-2019 PEACHTREE ROAD UMC SCHEDULE
12:30-1:45 pm Songs & Scenes (ages 3-6) -- Acting, Creative Dramatics & Musical Theatre (Lunchtime runs 12:15-1 pm, Class runs 1-1:45 pm. Children coming from other preschools may arrive anytime before 1 pm).
- 10 week session runs September 14 - November 16!
1:45-2:30 pm Lion King Experience Songs & Scenes (preK-1st) ~~ Acting, Creative Dramatics & Musical Theatre
2:30-3:30 pm Lion King Experience Elementary Theatre Skills (2nd-5th) ~~ Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre & Voice
2:30-3:30 pm Lion King Experience Intermediate Theatre Skills (5th-10th) ~~ Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre & Voice
3:30-5:30 pm Young Actors Ensemble Rehearsal: The Lion King JR (2nd-10th)
Classes will meet weekly September - May with breaks for Thanksgiving (Nov), Christmas/New Years (Dec/Jan), public school Spring Break (April) and Easter (April). For week-long school breaks one weekend will be off, but our classes and rehearsals will meet the other Saturday/Sunday and students are expected to be in attendance. Students will not be allowed to miss two consecutive weeks from Saturday/Sunday classes due to a school break.
Sunday Classes will run September 9 - May 12.
Friday Classes will run September 14 - November 16 for Session One.
If classes have not reached minimum enrollment by the planned start date, the class will be postponed until minimum enrollment has been reached, and tuition will be pro-rated. Families are not charged any tuition until a class has "made".
PEACHTREE ROAD INVESTMENT
|Amount of Instruction|| |
| 2 Semester Payments |
(Sep and Jan)
|9 Monthly Payments |
(Sep - May)
Spring Showcase Recital
Production / Tech Week Fee
(billed 30 days before show)
|Registration Fee|| |
$25 student //
|Lion King Experience Songs & Scenes class (45 min. weekly)||$470.25 (5% discount)||$247.50||$55|| |
included in tuition
|Lion King Experience Theatre Skills class (1 hr weekly)||$555.75 (5% discount)||$292.50||$65||included in tuition|
|YOUNG ACTORS ENSEMBLE: The Lion King||$555.75 (5% discount)||$292.50||$65||$100 **|
|Jr Theatre Festival Troupe||$295/ person|
**PRODUCTION / TECH WEEK FEES**
30 days before the show each Lion King cast member will be billed a $100 production / tech week fee. This includes:
- 2 comp general tickets to the show (additional tickets can be purchased for $12-$15)
- cast keepsake tshirt & script
- masks & costume pieces
- set & scenic elements, and props
- licensing and royalties
- app. 20 hours of staff instruction & supervision during tech week
- 2-4 additional rehearsals & 2-3 performances during tech week
There are no required minimum ticket sales for the Lion King cast this year. The Production Fee/Tech Week Fee will cover the expenses traditionally paid for by the required ticket sales. Production/Tech Week fees can also be covered with Advance Ticket orders, Cast sponsorships, or Cast shout-outs in the show program.
Registration Is Open! Click HERE for details on our NEW online registration portal.
Forefront Arts performing arts classes for kids and teens include warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal. Our instructors are professional theatre artists in Atlanta, with degrees in Theatre, Vocal Performance, or Musical Theatre. All of our instructors have passed extensive background checks. We strive to foster an environment of fun and encouragement, while also delivering high-quality instruction and helping students grow as artists and performers.
We also offer private lessons in Acting, Voice, Dance, and Piano!
- Weekly classes feature warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal of performance pieces.
- Throughout the year students will develop their acting, improv, musical theatre, voice, and dance skills in class. This allows each child to learn new skills, find new strengths, and continue to improve in all aspects of theatre performance!
- We will be following special Lion King Experience Curriculum to coordinate with our YAE musical this year, which will take each class through an 18-unit process that explore fundamentals of theatre-making including: Acting, Design, Music, Playwriting, Choreography, Directing, Technical Theatre, and Stage Management.
- Special weeks throughout the year include optional themes including Pajama Week, Bring A Friend Week, Bring Your Parents Week, and Wear a Costume Week.
- Students will perform with their classes at the Forefront Arts Spring Showcase in May 2019 and an invited parent day in December 2018.
- Students enrolled in a Forefront Arts class can audition to join our performance troupes, the Young Actors Ensemble, Jr Theatre Festival troupe, or FATE, to participate in full-scale productions and additional performance opportunities throughout the year.