(4400 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta GA 30342)
St James Methodist Church is positioned on the border of North Buckhead and Brookhaven at the corner of Peachtree Dunwoody Road and Loridans Drive, approximately 8 minutes (2 miles) north of Lenox Mall, and 6 minutes (1.7 miles) east of Roswell Road.
Enroll in a fall class and contact us if you want to schedule a troupe audition to join our Young Actors Ensemble or Jr Theatre Festival Troupes to perform in "The Lion King Jr!" (open to 2nd-12th grades).
2018-2019 ST JAMES SCHEDULE
(all classes will be incorporating the special Lion King Experience Curriculum as well as other theatre training and performances!)
3:45-4:30 pm Lion King Experience Songs & Scenes (ages 4-6/preK-1st) ~~ Creative Dramatics, Acting, & Musical Theatre
4:30-5:30 pm Lion King Experience Elementary Theatre Skills (2nd-5th) ~~ Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre, and Voice**
5:30-6:30 pm Dance Technique for Musical Theatre (2nd-8th) ~~ a variety of dance styles utilized in musical theatre productions**
**We recommend taking the Dance Technique class in conjunction with the Theatre Skills class.
10:30-11:30 am Lion King Experience Intermediate Theatre Skills (4th-10th) *
11:30-12:30 pm Improv Ensemble (4th-10th) *
We recommend taking the Intermediate Theatre Skills class in conjunction with the Improv Ensemble class for extra Acting & Improv fun!
If you join our Young Actors Ensemble or Jr Theatre Festival Troupes you will rehearse The Lion King Jr on Sunday afternoons at nearby Peachtree Road UMC.
Classes will meet weekly September - May with breaks for Thanksgiving (Nov), Christmas/New Years (Dec/Jan), and Spring Break (April). For week-long school breaks one weekend will be off, but our weekend lasses and rehearsals will meet the other Saturday and students are expected to be in attendance. Students are not allowed to miss two consecutive weeks off from Saturday/Sunday classes due to a school break.
Tuesday Classes will begin September 11.
Saturday Classes will begin September 15.
If classes have not reached minimum enrollment by the planned start date, the class will be postponed until minimum enrollment has been reached, and tuition will be pro-rated. Families are not charged any tuition until a class has "made".
|Amount of Instruction|| |
| 2 Semester Payments |
(Sep & Jan)
|9 Monthly Payments |
(Sep - May)
|Spring Showcase|| |
Production / Tech Week fee
(billed 30 days before show)
|Registration Fee||$25 student // $45 family|
|Lion King Experience Songs & Scenes class (45 min weekly)||$470.25 (5% discount)||$247.50||$55||included in tuition|
|Lion King Experience Theatre Skills OR Dance Technique OR Improv Ensemble classes (1 hr weekly)||$555.75 (5% discount)||$292.50||$65||included in tuition|
|2 hours of weekly class||$897.75 (5% discount)||$472.50||$105||included in tuition|
|3 hours of weekly class||$1,197 (5% discount)||$630||$140||included in tuition|
|Young Actors Ensemble: The Lion King Jr||$555.75 (5% discount)||$292.50||$65||$100 **|
|Jr Theatre Festival Troupe||$295/person|
**PRODUCTION / TECH WEEK FEES**
30 days before the show each Lion King cast member will be billed a $100 production / tech week fee. This includes:
- 2 comp general tickets to the show (additional tickets can be purchased for $12-$15)
- cast keepsake tshirt & script
- masks & costume pieces
- set & scenic elements, and props
- licensing and royalties
- app. 20 hours of staff instruction & supervision during tech week
- 2-4 additional rehearsals & 2-3 performances during tech week
There are no required minimum ticket sales for the Lion King cast this year. The Production /Tech Week Fee will cover the expenses traditionally paid for by the required ticket sales. Production/Tech Week Fees can also be covered with Advance Ticket orders, Cast Sponsorships, and Shout-Outs in the program.
Registration Is Open! Click HERE for details on our NEW online registration portal.
Forefront Arts performing arts classes for kids and teens include warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal. Our instructors are professional theatre artists in Atlanta, with degrees in Theatre, Vocal Performance, or Musical Theatre. All of our instructors have passed extensive background checks. We strive to foster an environment of fun and encouragement, while also delivering high-quality instruction and helping students grow as artists and performers.
We also offer in-home private lessons in Acting, Voice, Dance, and Piano!
- Weekly classes feature warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal of performance pieces.
- Throughout the year students will develop their acting, improv, musical theatre, voice, and dance skills in class. This allows each child to learn new skills, find new strengths, and continue to improve in all aspects of theatre performance!
- Special weeks throughout the year include optional themes including Pajama Week, Bring A Friend Week, Bring Your Parents Week, and Wear a Costume Week
- We will be following special Lion King Experience Curriculum to coordinate with our YAE musical this year, which will take each class through an 18-unit process that explore fundamentals of theatre-making including: Acting, Design, Music, Playwriting, Choreography, Directing, Technical Theatre, and Stage Management.
- Students will perform with their classes at the Forefront Arts Spring Showcase in May 2019.
- Students enrolled in a Forefront Arts class can audition to join our performance troupes: the Young Actors Ensemble, the Jr Theatre Festival troupe or Forefront Arts Teen Ensemble (FATE), to participate in full-scale productions and additional performance opportunities throughout the year.