(4400 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta GA 30342)
St James Methodist Church is positioned on the border of North Buckhead and Brookhaven at the corner of Peachtree Dunwoody Road and Loridans Drive, approximately 8 minutes (2 miles) north of Lenox Mall, and 6 minutes (1.7 miles) east of Roswell Road.
2018-2019 ST JAMES SCHEDULE
(all classes will be incorporating the special Lion King Experience Curriculum as well as other theatre training and performances!)
3:45-4:30 pm Lion King Experience Songs & Scenes (ages 4-6/preK-1st) ~~ Creative Dramatics, Acting, & Musical Theatre
4:30-5:30 pm Lion King Experience Elementary Theatre Skills (2nd-5th) ~~ Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre, and Voice
Classes will meet weekly September - May with breaks for Thanksgiving (Nov), Christmas/New Years (Dec/Jan), and Spring Break (April).
Spring Tuesday Classes will begin January 8. Late comers are pro-rated. Enrollment is open through early March.
|Amount of Instruction|| Semester Payment |
|Monthly Payments |
(Sep - May)
|Spring Showcase recital fee|| |
Production / Tech Week fee
(billed 30 days before show)
|Registration Fee||$25/child or $45 family||$25/child or $45 family||---||----|
|Lion King Experience Songs & Scenes class (45 min weekly)||$275||$55||included in tuition||----|
|Lion King Experience Theatre Skills class (1 hr weekly)||$325||$65||included in tuition||----|
|Young Actors Ensemble: The Lion King Jr -- fall enrollment only||----||----||----||$100 -- billed 30 days before show|
Registration Is Open! Click HERE!
Forefront Arts performing arts classes for kids and teens include warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal. Our instructors are professional theatre artists in Atlanta, with degrees in Theatre, Vocal Performance, or Musical Theatre. All of our instructors have passed extensive background checks. We strive to foster an environment of fun and encouragement, while also delivering high-quality instruction and helping students grow as artists and performers.
We also offer in-home private lessons in Acting, Voice, Dance, and Piano!
- Weekly classes feature warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal of performance pieces.
- Throughout the year students will develop their acting, improv, musical theatre, voice, and dance skills in class. This allows each child to learn new skills, find new strengths, and continue to improve in all aspects of theatre performance!
- Special weeks throughout the year include optional themes including Pajama Week, Bring A Friend Week, Bring Your Parents Week, and Wear a Costume Week
- We will be following special Lion King Experience Curriculum to coordinate with our YAE musical this year, which will take each class through an 18-unit process that explore fundamentals of theatre-making including: Acting, Design, Music, Playwriting, Choreography, Directing, Technical Theatre, and Stage Management.
- Students will perform with their classes at the Forefront Arts Spring Showcase in May 2019.
- Students enrolled in a Forefront Arts class can audition to join our performance troupes: the Young Actors Ensemble, the Jr Theatre Festival troupe or Forefront Arts Teen Ensemble (FATE), to participate in full-scale productions and additional performance opportunities throughout the year.